The more we use our computer more the junk accumulates on our computer. It is necessary to clean the junk files as these files will take lots of space on the computer. Once the junk files are cleaned from the computer it will make your computer smooth and recover lots of space on the computer.
There are different locations on the computer where junk files are stored, therefore, we need to make sure that we only delete junk files as we can also delete important files by mistake.
Once you delete the files it will recover the space on the computer and will make it smooth and increase its performance. There are different ways that you can use to clean junk files from the computer.
The Benefits of Removing Junk Files From Your Computer
By removing the junk files, you can recover the precious space on the computer, also, it will increase the performance of your computer. Junk files will only waste the space of the computer and will deteriorate the performance of the computer.
Computers with full storage will make your computer slow and you will face the problem in running other programs on the computer.
If the storage space on the computer is filled then moving of files on the computer will become slow and will not behave correctly.
Removing the duplicates will improve the performance of your Window 10 computer also.
1. Emptying the Recycle Bin
As we all know that Recycle Bin contains deleted files from the computer and if the files are in it then they are the candidate for deletion. However, if there are files you need to restore then you can simply restore them.
But if the files are not necessary then they can be deleted without any problem and will recover lots of space on your computer.
If you are deleting the files after a long time then you can start with removing the oldest files.
But in case you want to remove all the duplicates at once you can simply right click on the Recycle Bin icon and click on “Empty Recycle Bin”. And then right click on the “Yes” button.
This will help you to remove junk files and recover space on your computer.
2. Removing Temporary Files
Removing the temporary files from the computer will recover lots of space on the computer and will make your computer run smoothly.
Temporary files are pure junk and can be removed manually or can be removed automatically using the Storage Sense.
To Remove the junk manually open Run and then type %temp%. This will open a temporary folder that will contain all the junk files. You can now select all the folders and files in this folder and then remove them.
In case you want to do that task automatically then you can do so by following the steps below:
- Click on Start then Settings and then click on System.
- Now from the left pane click on Storage.
- Now turn on Storage from the toggle switch from the Storage section.
- Now click on the “Configure Storage Sense or run it now”.
- Check mark “Delete temporary files that my apps aren’t using” under Temporary Files.
- Choose a frequency in which you want to clean the junk files using storage sense. You can also do this for Download’s folder.
- In case you just want to clean the temporary files click on the Clean Now button.
- All the junk files should be deleted now.
Use Disk Cleanup for removing the remaining junk files.
One of the great features of Windows is that it provides a Disk Cleanup tool. This tool will provide a great and fast way to clean up junk files from your Window 10. This junk disk Cleanup will provide the direct way to clean the junk files like Recycle Bin files, old software installation, thumbnails, temporary files, etc from your Windows 10 computer.
To use Disk Cleanup follow the steps below:
- Search for the Disk Cleanup from the Windows 10 search bar.
- Click on the Disk Cleanup or press enter to open Disk Cleanup.
- By default, system drive C: is selected but you can select other drivers of your computer also.
- Click on the OK button to start the scan.
- Wait while Disk Cleanup calculates the amount of space that can be recovered.
- Select the checkboxes next to the types of files you want to delete.
Make sure that you are selecting files you know that you can remove without any problem. Avoid selecting any Windows files or the files you do not know about.
Also make sure that you aren’t selecting any Windows ESD installation files as they are used in restoring the computer to the factory settings.
- For some sections you can select to view files.
- Click on the OK button to delete the junk files.
- Now click on the Delete Files button to remove the junk files permanently.
Deleting the junk files is a very necessary task. Junk files on the Window 10 computer will take lots of unnecessary space and will slow down the computer. There are different locations on the computer in which junk files are stored, therefore, it is necessary to remove them from all of the places. To remove these, you can use pc cleaning software for your windows system. There are so many windows optimizers are available you can read about them on top10pcsoftware
Junk files should be removed from time to time so they do not build up excessively.