Some of us like to bake cakes so much that we end up making it our hobby, while some others tend to do an entire business out of it. If you have too been blessed with exceptional baking skills that fetch your compliment every now and then, then you can absolutely think of opening up your own bakery business. With the unlimited number of convenience that online cake shops offer, these days, most of us like to order cake online Bangalore or some XYZ city to dive straight right into sweet indulgence. Now you can be good at baking, but who’s gonna get you covered on the business part? For this very reason, we bring you this article to help you start a successful bakery business in this rapidly growing and highly competitive baking industry. With these effective ways, you can make the most of India’s cake market. So without much ado, let’s get into its details.
- Set a business plan – To start any business, you must start by setting a business plan which should be based on thorough market research. When it comes to setting a business plan, one does have to see whether it’s a professional or home bakes bakery business. Setting a business plan is a mandatory step of every kind of baby business. Decide what types of cakes you want to sell and whether you want to have other baked treats in-store. Every bit of your business makes sure to end up covering it in this business plan of yours.
- Get yourself food business license registration done – To ensure that your baked sweet treats are safe for consumption and to gain the trust of your customers, make sure you get your bakery business registered with an authorised statutory body. In India, FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) issues the licence to all the food startups: some bakeries, restaurants, cafeterias, etc.
- Develop a niche – Give a fine reason for your customers to come and try out your bakery goods. Hence, find and set a niche and offer them something unique than what others got to offer. And by targeting that, attract your potential customers and render to their needs. Your niche can be something like vegan cakes, eggless cakes or gluten-free cakes – which can help your cake brand stand out from the crowd.
- Figure out some best cake recipes – Keep thinking about what can you offer your customers to keep them coming back to your cake store. Figure out some of the best cake recipes to lure them into being regular customers of your cake business.
- Do in-depth research about baking – When you set a business, you need an in-depth knowledge of the industry and the products you are dealing with. So make sure to do deeper research of the baking process, products, market, methods and more. Updating your knowledge is sure to help you in your business dealings, so make sure you keep learning and experimenting with your cake products. This will surely help you improve your products from time to time and keep your customers hooked on your cake products.
- Get different types of baking pieces of equipment – In order to bake some drool-worthy baked treats, using proper baking equipment is very much a necessity. So make sure to shop for some quality spatula, mixing bowls, parchment papers, cooling racks, measuring spoons and much more.
- Set up your kitchen space – Having a good, spacious, yet fully sanitised kitchen to bake your cakes in is a must. Your customers won’t be able to trust you or your products unless and until they see the quality standards are met of the products. So if you are a home baker, you can obviously start with some basic equipment and space. But if you are a professional baker who deals in bulk orders as well, clearly, you need a much bigger space to incorporate everything in one place.
- Get your hand over the cake inventory – Without premium quality cake inventory, there would be no cake in the first place. So make sure you get your hands on some of the quality ingredients from the nearest supermart or some known verified cake ingredients dealer. Though good quality ingredients might be a bit high on prices, make sure you don’t compromise on their quality factor.