When starting with a start-up or business, a certain amount of financial support is needed. This can be a difficult thing to acquire as the business will be in its early stages. To make up for such a deficit, businesses can apply for a business loan.
Business loans are financial loans that are specifically tailored for business purposes. Similar to other loans, business loans include the generating of debt, which is then re-paid with additional interest. Unlike personal loans that can be used for whatever purpose the borrower sees fit, business loans are specifically used by companies and organizations to promote and further extend their business ventures.
Where to get a business loan?
There are different places and ways from which one can get a small business loan. These include:
- Online lenders
- Credit lenders
- Non-profit microlenders
- After making sure that the business loan eligibility is met, the business will receive the approval for the transfer of the loan amount. The business can then use the loan amount; however, they see fit to invest in business ventures, assets, and payments to help grow the business.
Business Loan Eligibility
To meet business on eligibility, the following criteria must be met. upon approval of the documents and criteria, an online business loan shall be approved.
Income Up to15 lakhs for companies with a net annual income of 1.5 lakhs.
For a loan of more than 15 lakhs, net income should be more than 3 lakhs
Age 21 to 65 years Documents Photo proof
ID proof Business proof Bank Stamens (last 6 months) An audited balance sheet of business by a registered chartered accountant
Profits The business should have 2 years of financial profits to show
Different lenders have different degrees of criteria that have to be met. The business mentioned above loan eligibility is the basic criteria universally found across all lenders, be it from banks or online business loans.
7 Ways to Use Your Business Loan Effectively
Whether one has procured an online business loan or received financial loans from a bank, it is important to know how to manage the funding in the most effective way possible.
- Clear any outstanding debts: one of the first steps to take with one’s first online business loan is to pay off any debt before indulging in other expenses. This will help clear the risks that may crop up later. Clearing any outstanding debts while having the money is a smart way to start any business venture. By not having any debt, the business can afford to proceed with other capital-intensive plans that will help in growing the business. The business will also be able to make a budget with the remaining loan amount after clearing all remaining debts.
- Plan out Long-term Expenses: to use a business loan as effectively as possible for the first time; a financial plan must be made. This plan should encompass future expenses the business will and is most likely to incur according to its particular venture. This is a long-term budget plan where the business should allot a certain fraction of the business loan appropriately to make the most financially sound decision.
- Invest in inventory and equipment: no business can operate without proper equipment. After receiving an online business loan, investing the funding in machinery and appropriate equipment will help avoid any last-minute purchase later when one is facing a cash crunch. Having all the necessary equipment beforehand allows for better revenue generation and makes the whole ordeal more cost-effective when loan funds start dwindling.
- Budgeting for daily costs: small everyday costs may not seem like a lot, but can easily add up to a high amount over time. Having a budget for day to day expenses for business operation using the business loan amount will help curb unwanted expenses. This will also help in saving a majority of the business loan for more financially difficult decisions that will affect the overall functionality of the business enterprise.
- Advertisement: one of the best ways to ensure the inflow of revenue is to have advertisements. These ads should promote that idea and businesses of the venture to attract potential customers and patrons. An effective way to use one’s first business loan is to invest in advertising and marketing the products/services of the business. Proper advertisements are a long term investment, meaning later down the line the business need only build on what is already established. This makes marketing a prime aspect to spend a business loan on in the most effective way.
- Re-Invest Excess Capital: when using funds from one’s first business loan, the entire amount may not be utilized. In such situations, it is wide to reinvest the excess capital in strengthening the business workflow either by upgrading o better machinery or equipment or storing the excess capital to repay the loan as soon as possible. The business loan can also be used to invest in mutual funds and similar ventures. This will help in paying back the loan with the added interest, all the while turning over a profit for the business to grow and prosper.
- Prioritizing: when utilizing a business loan for the first time, it is crucial to prioritize the business aspects that need more attention. Aspects like inventory and administrative expenses will prioritize other aspects such as furnishing and opening new locations. Knowing where to channel the funding in business is key when it comes to making a business loan as effective as possible.
Whether they are just starting or are well-versed with the market, businesses can always benefit from a business loan. Online business loans make it easy for businesses and companies to get the necessary funding to promote their product and expand their coverage further. That being said, the effectiveness of any business loan is solely dependent on the company itself. Knowing how to use the business loan and where to put the money is integral to having a successful boost in the business industry overall.