To celebrate thousand years of the bond between humans and the ancient pets, which are called CATS, International Cat Day is celebrated every year. This is not the only aim behind celebrating this day. The day is also observed to create awareness of the proper care of cats. Let us give you some more information about International Cat Day, like its 2021 Date, Theme, History, Significance, Celebration, Facts, Activities, and More.
International Cat Day 2021 Date and Theme
International Cat Day is celebrated every year on 8 August, since 2002. This Year, the Date of the International Cat Day will remain the same. The theme of the International Cat Day 2021 has not been announced yet. The theme of the last year (2020) was “#BeCatCurious: Training for Cats and their Humans.”
History and Significance
The International Cat Day is an international celebration created by International Fund for Animal Welfare to raise awareness among cat lovers and keepers of ways to help and protect them. The day was first celebrated in 2002. Let’s talk about the History of Cats Domestication. According to some reports, cat domestication was started in Near East around 7000 to7500 BC. Before this, some believe that cat domestication was started in EGYPT, around 3000 to 3100 BC. To know in brief about Cat Domestication, please click here.
How is International Cat Day celebrated? Activities!
Here are some ways to celebrate International Cat Day this year:
- Adopt a cat from any shelter or cat rescue.
- Bake some tuna cookies for your cat.
- Invest in your cat’s safety with a GPS tracker.
- Brush your cat to eliminate excess fur and hairballs.
- Hire a professional pet photographer for a fun photo shoot.
- Cats spend 70% of their lives in just sleeping.
- The record for the longest cat ever is 48.5 inches
- The richest cat in the world had ?7 million
- Ancient Egyptians would shave off their eyebrows when their cats died
- The oldest cat in the world was 38 years old!