The worship of Goddess Durga has great significance in Navratri. The 8th day of Navratri is called Maha Navami, on this day, Goddess Mahagauri is worshipped, apart from this, there is also a ritual of feeding 9 girls and 1 boy on Ashtami or Navratri. On this day, people also kept fast for the whole day.
Maha Ashtami or Durga Ashtami is observed every year on the Ashtami of Shukla paksha of Ashwin month. This year, there is confusion about the date of Maha Ashtami. So, let us clear all your doubts about this year’s Maha Ashtami and give you a lot more information, Maha Ashtami 2021 Date & Time: Significance, Vrat, Katha, Puja Vidhi, Mantra, Shubh Muhurat, and a lot more.
Maha Ashtami 2021 Date & Time:
This year, the Ashtami Tithi of Ashwin month is starting from 09:47 PM, 12 October, Tuesday. The Tithi will last on 13 October, 08:07 PM. The Maha Ashtami Vrat will be kept on 13 October.
Significance or Katha
There is a great significance behind the Maha or Durga Ashtami. As per believes, on the same day Goddess Kaali or Kaalratri appeared from the head of Goddess Durga and killed the ruthless Demon Mahisasura and his three fellows Chanda, Munda, and Raktabija.
There is also a ritual of feeding, Nine Kanyas on this day as a symbol of the 9 forms of Goddess Durga.
Durga Ashtami Vrat or Puja Vidhi
- First of all, place the idol or picture of Goddess Mahagauri on a wooden post or in the temple.
- After this, cover the post with white cloth and place Mahagauri Yantra on it.
- Goddess Mahagauri is the giver of beauty. Meditate on the mother with a white flower in hand and chanting her mantra.
Goddess Mahagauri Mantra
श्वेते वृषे समारुढा श्वेताम्बरधरा शुचिः।
महागौरी शुभं दघान्महादेवप्रमोददा॥
- Muhurta for worship: Amrit Kaal – 03:23 AM to 04:56 AM
- Brahma Muhurta is from 04:48 AM to 05:36 AM.