The Indian stock market saw a decline on Thursday 4 March. The Sensex and Nifty benchmark indices remained in the red mark, weakening by about 1.10%. The market had climbed in the last three consecutive days. Let’s know what is important in the market
After the fall, the BSE Sensex has come down to 51,000. At the same time, the NSE Nifty index also closed at around 15,100.
The big things of the business of March 4 –
- The BSE Sensex index lost 598 points on Thursday. At the same time, there was a weakness of 157 points in the NSE Nifty index.
- Only 5 stocks closed in the green mark in 30 of the Sensex pack. In Nifty 50, 38 stocks were in the red mark.
- The IPO of MTAR Technologies was subscribed 9.12 times on Thursday, at 3.26 pm on the second day. This issue is available to investors till 5 March.
- Shares of Ultratech Cement, Adani Ports, Grasim and UPL set a new peak for their 52 weeks.
- The Nifty Midcap 100 and the Smallcap 100 index closed with a bounce, staying in the opposite direction of the Nifty. The smallcap index gained 0.49% while the midcap index gained 1.17%.
- The Volatility Index (VIX) is up 24.33 after a jump of 9.33%.
Open – 15,026.75
Close – 15,088.30
High – 15,202.35
Open – 50,812.14
Close – 50,846.08
High – 51,256.55
What was the reason for the decline in the market?
The market was open in the morning amid weak signals from foreign markets. This increase in bond yields again showed this direction in the market. Profit booking in the market by foreign investors (FII) was the main reason for the decline. The valuation of the market was also seen increasing steadily for 3 consecutive days.
Which sectors performed better?
Most sector-based indices of the Nifty closed in the red mark. While financial services, bank index fell by 1.75%, the auto and IT sectors had a weakness of around 0.5%. The metal index was the weakest, down 2%. Pharma, FMCG, Realty Index closed flat.
Nifty-50 shares seen the fastest in these stocks
Ultratech Cement (+ 3.92%)
Adani Ports (+ 2.97%)
Shree Cement (+ 2.91%)
Grasim (+ 2.66%)
Dr. Reddy Labs (+ 1.43%)
These shares of Nifty-50 are broken.
JSW Steel (-2.95%)
Tata Steel (-2.52%)
Tata Motors (-2.44%)
Stocks that are the most active –
What are the signs for next?
In the coming days, the news related to FII investment, bond yields will be affected. Investors will also be watching the news related to Corona and the signals from foreign markets. Investors should trade carefully in the market.