The world’s largest cricket stadium in Ahmedabad, Gujarat has been renamed as ‘Narendra Modi Stadium’. Earlier it was known as Sardar Patel Cricket Stadium (Motera). But today on Wednesday, President Ram Nath Kovind formally inaugurated the stadium in which it was revealed.
President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated it here during his Gujarat visit. During this, Home Minister Amit Shah was also present. The seating capacity of this newly constructed stadium on the banks of the Sabarmati river in Ahmedabad has increased to one lakh 10 thousand. With this, this stadium has become the world’s largest cricket stadium in terms of spectator capacity, leaving behind Melbourne Cricket Ground.
Earlier, President Kovind reached the stadium on Wednesday. Here he along with his wife worshiped the newly built Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Sports Enclave. During this, Home Minister Amit Shah, Union Minister of State for Sports Shri Kiren Rijiju, Deputy Chief Minister of Gujarat Nitin Patel and many other dignitaries were present.
Let us know that Motera Stadium is spread over 63 acres. The stadium has a seating capacity of 1,10,000 spectators, more than the Melbourne Cricket Ground. Around 55,000 tickets were put on sale for the next two Tests to be held at the GCA Stadium. There were also recent knockout rounds of the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
Talk about this ground, then the first match after 2014 will be played on it. Today the third Test match will also be played between India and England. The match will be Day-Night which will be played with pink ball. The match will be broadcast live from around 30 high-tech cameras with a drone camera. Complete preparation has been done for that. Various cameras such as main camera, strike zone camera, field camera, run out camera, hawk-eye camera are all equipped to capture the thrill of moments.
- The stadium is spread over 63 acres, with three entry gates.
- Three practice grounds, club house, Olympic size swimming pool and an indoor cricket academy have also been built in the world’s largest stadium.
- The structure of the stadium is such that whenever a player hits the boundary, every cricket lover sitting in the stadium can see that boundary.
- It is the only stadium in the world to use the same soil for practice and center pitch. Here, the LED light is installed on the roof in full circle for better visibility and removal of shadows.
- The world’s largest cricket stadium has 11 center pitches, the only stadium in the world with 11 center pitches on the main ground.
- It is the world’s first cricket stadium with four world-class dressing rooms including a gym.
- In addition 76 corporate boxes with a capacity of 25 people have been built.
- Here sand has been used under the grass in the field, with the help of which the match can be restarted in a few hours despite heavy rain.
- Car and scooter parking is provided. In which there is a provision of parking of 4 thousand cars and 10 thousand two wheelers.