SportsLatest News

Newcastle’s Saudi owners want to make £400,000-a-week star their first marquee signing

- Advertisement-

Newcastle United’s Saudi-led takeover was completed on Thursday, and the club have already been linked with several household names from around the globe as they plot a squad overhaul

Newcastle United are reportedly looking at Juventus midfielder Aaron Ramsey as their first big-name signing at the club following their £305million takeover.

The consortium – backed by ther £320bn Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund – completed their takeover from Mike Ashley on Thursday after the Premier League received “legally binding assurances” that the Saudi state would not control the club. The PIF – which is seen as separate to the state – will provide 80 per cent of the funds, ending Ashley’s 14-year spell as owner.

The takeover had been abandoned in 2020 when the group was unable to prove that they were separate to the Saudi state, while a recent piracy dispute between Saudi Arabia and its Premier League broadcaster beIN Sports also put the deal on hold until it was settled earlier this week.

Also Read: Top 7 Factors To Consider For Choosing An Ideal safe playground Website Every time!

Due to the massive wealth of their new owners, Newcastle are considered to be the richest club in world football, with a host of big-name players already linked with January moves to St James Park.

The club’s ambitious owners have already expressed their desire to win the Premier League and to do so they will need to bring in a number of marquee signings.

According to Italian outlet Calcio Mercato, Ramsey is considering a return the Premier League, and Newcastle are one potential option.

The same reports says that Juventus sporting director Federico Cherubini wants to get rid Ramsey’s hefty £400,000-a-week wages off the books.

Also Read: Top 5 Fastest Hundreds in IPL History

Former Aston Villa captain Gabriel Agbonlahor recently told talkSPORT that he thinks Newcastle should sign Ramsey, while also mentioning Philippe Coutinho as a potential option.

“I’d go and get Ramsey or someone like that,” he told talkSPORT.

“He’s still a good player and it isn’t working for him at Juventus at the moment.

“I’d target those kind of players where you don’t have to pay them silly money.

“I’d take Coutinho, too, because we were talking about the Man City takeover and they had Robinho come in.

“Coutinho’s not really playing his football properly at Barcelona, and Barcelona will take anything – they still owe Liverpool for him, don’t they?”

Follow Us on Instagram (@uniquenewsonline) to Get Regular News Updates for Free

Related Articles

Back to top button