Trailers play a big role in the transport industry. Whether you are a small business owner or a large company, you will definitely need some form of transport at some point. There are different types of trailers used for hauling goods from one location to another.
Trailers come in different sizes. It is upon you to choose one that will be able to meet the demands of your business. Besides, new trailers also come with different types of suspension systems. You should consider the amount of work your trailer will be subjected to before choosing one.
Here are the pros and cons of different types of trailers:
Dry van trailer
Dry van trailers have the appearance of an enclosed box and are designed to haul “dry” cargo. They are considered the safest trucks for transporting goods on land. Below are some pros and cons for anyone looking for dry van trailers for sale:
- Dry van trailers are versatile in the sense that they can carry almost any type of cargo. Whether you are transporting perishable, oversized, or hazardous goods, a dry van trailer has you sorted.
- Your products are well protected against damage, theft, or bad weather during transportation
- Most dry van trucking companies offer both regional and short hauls
- Dry van trailers have very high demand, making it difficult to find the exact capacity you want
- It is challenging to use a dry van trailer to transport perishable goods
- Dry vans are commonly used to move valuable goods such as electronics. They can be a target for thieves
These are open trailers meant for hauling oversized cargo such as large equipment and machinery. There are different types of flatbed trailers but the most common one is the flat platform.
- It is easy to load the freight into flatbed trailers
- Flatbed trailers are the most ideal for anyone who would like to transport irregular shapes or bulky goods
- There are different types of flatbeds you can choose from
- Flatbed trailers are expensive to uses because of the high skills and experience required to drive them
- Securing and transporting irregular shapes is extremely challenging. This makes it hard to use them any time you want
- The loads inside a flatbed trailer are not well protected. This means transporting freight during bad weather can negatively affect it.
Refrigerated trailers have almost a similar appearance to dry vans. The only difference is that they have temperature regulation tools. The other thing is that these trailers can be adjusted to specific temperatures to ensure that your goods are under the required condition while on transit.
- Refrigerated trailers are perfect for transporting food and beverages
- These trailers can be used for both transporting “dry” freight and temperature-sensitive products
- Your freight is well protected against, theft, damage, and bad weather conditions
- You can easily monitor the temperature inside the trailer
- When the cooling system breaks down or the track is damaged, your products may spoil
- The leading and offloading process can take a longer time
In a nutshell, there are different types of trailers and each one of them has its own pros and cons. Shipping to fba