World Elephant Day 2021 Date, Theme, History, Significance, Importance Celebration, Activities, and Facts: Today, the whole world is celebrating World Elephant Day. The day is dedicated to the elephants and the day motive to create awareness among more to more people about their preservation, protection and problems they are facing like – Poaching, Habitat loss, Human-elephant conflict, Mistreatment in captivity, etc. Elephants are extinction very fast from this planet. Many big celebrities and Politicians including – Leonardo DiCaprio, Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, Alec Baldwin, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton have already expressed their worries. Let us give you more information about World Elephant Day like its – 2021 Date, Theme, History, Significance, Importance Celebration, Activities, Facts, and more.
World Elephant Day is celebrated on (2021 Date)?
World Elephant Day was first celebrated in 2012. And that time, the date of this day was decided that time as 12 August. Since, then every year, World Elephant Day is celebrated on 12 August. So, this year (2021) also World Elephant Day is being celebrated on 12 August.
The first time, World Elephant Day was celebrated in 2012 by two Canadian filmmakers Patricia Sims & Michael Clark in association with Thailand-based Elephant Reintroduction Foundation. Their aim was to create global awareness about Elephant preservation and protection.
Significance and Importance
According to recent data of WWF, there are an estimated 440,000 elephants left on the planet. 415,000 of them are in Africa. According to another data of WWF, every year 15,000 elephants are hunted by poachers. These Stats shows, how fast humans are taking the lives of one of the most peaceful animals of this planet, which are called Elephants (Haathi). So, it is our great responsibility to create awareness to every person on this planet about Elephants Extinction. Because animals and human beings are “two sides of the same coin”. If they have gone, then we will also have to go from this planet.
You can do various things to create awareness on this World Elephant Day.
- You can send any Inspirational Quote, Image, or Message to create awareness among your social media friends, or relatives.
- Find out what our Associates are doing to help elephants.
- Print some encouraging World Elephant Day poster and paste them on the roadside, so that more people get awared.
- Watch any Informative Elephant and Human Relation movies and documentaries like – When elephants were young, Dumbo, The Prince And Me: The Elephant Adventure, Larger Than Life, Return to the Forest, etc.
World Elephant Day 2021 Theme
The Theme of World Elephant Day 2021 has not been announced yet. The theme of last year (2020) was “Haathi Hamara Saathi“.
- Elephants have around 150,000 muscle units in their trunk.
- The African elephant is the world’s largest land mammal – with males on average measuring up to 3m high and weighing up to 6 tonnes.
- An elephant’s skin is 2.5cm thick in most places.
- Elephants need up to 150kg of food per day.
- They can also communicate through seismic signals – sounds that create vibrations in the ground – which they may detect through their bones.