Happy International Friendship Day 2021 Date in India, Theme, History, Significance, Activities, Heart-Touching Messages: To honour a great relationship which is called ‘Friendship’, every year International Friendship Day is celebrated on different dates in different countries. In India, the day is celebrated every year on the First Sunday of August. The day highlights the importance of friends in life. There is a famous phrase to explain this beautiful relationship, and that is ‘”Friend in need is a friend indeed“. The phrase means, whenever a friend needs the help of any type, a real friend always stands there for his help. This is also the definition of a real friend. Let us tell you more about International Friendship Day like its – 2021 Date in India, Theme, History, Significance, Activities, and Heart-Touching Messages.
International Friendship Day 2021 Theme
The theme of International Friendship Day 2021 is “Deepening International Friendships“.
International Friendship Day 2021 Date in India
The day is celebrated in different-different countries on different-different dates. In India, the day is celebrated every year on the first Sunday of August, and this year the first Sunday of July is falling on 1st August. So, this year (2021) the International Friendship Day will be celebrated on 1 August in India.
The recorded celebration of the day was started in Paraguay in 1958. But, it is believed that the day celebration was started from Hallmark cards, by Joyce Hall, in 1930. The UN General Assembly adopted the day in 1997.
The day is an initiative by UNESCO. It characterizes the Culture of Peace collectively of qualities, perspectives, and practices that reject viciousness and put forth attempts to forestall clashes by discovering their underlying drivers to take care of a few issues.
- Prepare a friendship Band for your friend.
- Make a special ‘friendship book’ for your Best friend, and insert images, a drawing, poems or a story about your friendship.
- Prepare a heart-touching message named ‘A friend like you’, or write an acrostic message using the word ‘FRIENDS’.
Here is the heart-touching poem you can use:
- My friend, you are a true friend to me; No one has ever bothered me. If you are trapped and need help, I am here to help you. May our friendship always be like this! We always remain friends!
- My friend, you are a great friend, thanks for all your support and understanding. May our friendship always be like this! We always remain friends!
- My friend, you are my brother and friend, no difference for me, I do care a lot about my best friend. May our friendship always be like this! We always remain friends!