Connect with us

Health

Is it Risky to Get Pregnant After 35?

Published

on

It is a widespread perception that the more you age at the time of pregnancy more risks there are. Being pregnant is exciting and scary, especially if you cross your thirties. So, if you are also getting pregnant at a late age, you may be worrying and thinking: Is it risky to get pregnant after 35. If you delay childbearing and motherhood until your late thirties and early forties, there may be some additional risks to be concerned about. A term is typical for late pregnancy, i.e., Geriatric pregnancy. In the scientific world, it occurs anytime a woman is over the age of 35. Continue reading to know more.

Pregnancy After 35

Today the occurrence of pregnancy after 35 is more than in the past. As per CDC, the number of first-time mothers in the 35-39 age has risen across all races.

The term “geriatric pregnancy” was common among best gynecologist to characterize pregnancies in women over 35. Doctors no longer use this phrase now. A woman who is 35 or older and is pregnant is now referred to as “advanced maternal age.”

Advertisement

Studies show that even women in their 40s become mothers for the first time. The rate has increased two times.

Risks of Pregnancy After 35

It’s important to remember that most women who are 35 or older have healthy babies and healthy pregnancies. It’s a little riskier for you and your baby than usual, but it’s still very safe. Some of those risks are:

Premature Birth

Older women have a higher chance of giving birth early, before 37 weeks.

Advertisement

Premature babies, especially those born very early, often have complicated medical issues.

Moreover, premature deliveries result in lower birth weight (LBW) as babies get less time to spend in the womb, so less is the weight.

Miscarriage

Most miscarriages happen in the first 13 weeks of pregnancy, but they can happen at any time during pregnancy. With age, your chances of having a miscarriage increase. At age 35, the chances are about 20%. When you are 45, your chances are 80%.

Advertisement

Also Read: Study Reveals Covid-19 Induced Thrombosis In The Lungs Remain High Even Six Months After Cure

Stillbirth

In this case, a baby dies in the womb after 20 weeks. According to a study, there were 4.7 stillbirths for every 1,000 people between 18 and 34. A stillbirth rate of 6.1 per 1,000, or 0.61 percent, was seen among those 35 to 40 years old. And 8.1 stillbirths for every 1,000 births among those aged 40 and beyond.

Placental Issues

Placenta previa is a state in which women have the placenta cover all or part of their cervix. When you give birth, there is a risk of blood clotting. In your 40s, you’re three times more likely than a woman in her 20s to have placenta problems.

Advertisement

Congenital Disability

If a woman is older, she is more likely to have a child with a chromosome disorder, like Down syndrome. If you are 25 years old, you have a one in 1,250 chance of having Down syndrome. One in 400 people who are 35 is at risk. At 45, it is one in 30.

More Chance of Cesarean

When a mother is older, she is more likely to have pregnancy-related problems that could lead to a C-section delivery. Complications are when the placenta blocks the cervix, which can be very dangerous (placenta previa).

Gestational Diabetes

If a woman is pregnant, she is more likely to get this type of diabetes. As she gets older, it is more common. The best way to keep blood sugar under control is to keep a close eye on your diet and Exercise. Sometimes, people need to take medicine, too. Gestational diabetes can cause a baby to grow much more significantly than usual, increasing the risk of birth injuries. Gestational diabetes can also make you more likely to have a premature birth, high blood pressure during pregnancy, and problems for your baby after you give birth.

Advertisement

High Blood Pressure

Research shows that older women are more likely to have high blood pressure during pregnancy. Your doctor will keep a close eye on your blood pressure and the growth and development of your child. The doctor will see you more often, and you might have to give birth before your due date to avoid problems.

Also Read: Need For Best Collagen Supplements for The Body

Preventive Measures

Here’s how to improve your chances of a safe pregnancy if you’re over 35 by altering your way of living.

Advertisement

Consult with a Best Gynecologist about ways to improve your general health and the health of your unborn child. Discuss any fertility or pregnancy concerns you may have. Ask about ways to increase your chances of conceiving and your alternatives if you’re having difficulties.

Go for regular checkups during the whole pregnancy. It will allow your doctor to keep an eye on your health and the health of your unborn child. Be specific about any symptoms or indicators that cause you to worry. If you’re worried about something, don’t hesitate to talk to your doctor.

  • Make your all necessary medical test done on time.
  • Avoid alcohol, smoking, or other harmful substances
  • Be relaxed and avoid stress
  • Take good sleep
  • Do healthy Exercise
  • Take a healthy diet and supplements as per your doctor’s instructions
  • Maintain a healthy weight

The majority of women over the age of 35 may expect a healthy pregnancy and birth if they get adequate prenatal care, which should begin before conception. Only an experienced doctor can guide you with the best recommendation. If you are 35 and planning to get pregnant or are already pregnant, you can get expert advice from the Best gynecologist in Karachi through Marham.

FAQs

1. If I get pregnant at 35, is it considered high-risk?

Because of the high, not certainty of difficulties, pregnancies that begin after 35 are considered high-risk.

Advertisement

2. When is it too late to get pregnant?

Once you reach your mid-30s, you experience a more rapid drop. When a woman reaches the age of 45, her fertility declines to the point that she is unlikely to conceive independently.

3. What is the ideal time to have a pregnancy?

Professionals say that pregnancy between the ages of late 20s and early 30s is most convenient. The most significant outcomes for you and your kid are related to this age range.

Advertisement

Heana Sharma: A rising talent, Heana boasts 2 years of versatile content writing experience across multiple niches. Her adaptable skills result in engaging and informative content that resonates with a wide spectrum of readers.

x