No Smoking Day 2022 is knocking at the door. This day is observed every year on the second Wednesday of March to create awareness among people about the ill effects of smoking. It is one of the most significant health campaigns all over the world. This year, the day falls on March 09, 2022.
No Smoking Day 2022 Theme
The theme for No Smoking Day 2022 is decided as ‘quitting smoking doesn’t have to be stressful’.
No Smoking Day Quotes
- Smoking is one of the leading causes of all statistics. Liza Minnelli
- Today just might be the best day to start seriously thinking about quitting smoking. – Alexander Woollcott
- A cigarette is the only consumer product which when used as directed kills its consumer. – Gro Brundtland
- Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I’ve done it thousand times. – Mark Twain
- Cancer is caused by tobacco and it is a disease that gives a person a death sentence in the majority of cases.
- It is never easy to quit an addiction and we salute those ex-smokers who have managed to get past their habit.
Also Read: What Can You Do to Boost Your Health?
Significance, and Importance
No Smoking Day is celebrated to inspire people not only quit smoking but also to maintain a healthy life. The day is important an ocassion to educate individuals on the health benefits of quitting this harmful habit. Let us tell you, Second-hand smoking results in around 1.2 million premature deaths each year, according to data from The World Health Organization.
- On this day, we should spread awareness about the harm caused by smoking.
- On this day students should write essays on No Smoking Day and teachers should also make students aware of its purpose.
- To make people aware of the disadvantages of smoking on this day, we should make people aware of the harms caused by it by doing live shows on social places.