Whitworth University (WU) is a higher education university in Spokane city of Washington state. The institution was established in 1883 in a small town located to the east of Tacoma. In 1890 it was named Whitworth College. The institution moved to Tacoma in 1899 and later moved to its current city in 1914. The university has accreditation from the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
University has a 200-acre campus consisting of state-of-the-art buildings that feature academic, administrative, recreational and other support facilities. It has different colleges as mentioned below:
The College of Arts and Sciences offers 41 majors, the M.A in Theology graduate program and a number of interdisciplinary undergraduate programs.
The School of Business offers majors in accounting, business management, economics, finance, marketing and organizational management. It also oversees two graduate programs.
The School of Continuing Studies provides bachelor’s degree programs for non-traditional students through evening degree programs and accelerated-format classes.
Whitworth University Rankings:
#4 in Regional Universities West
#6 in Best Colleges for Veterans
#10 in Best Undergraduate Teaching
#2 in Best Value Schools
#74 in Top Performers on Social Mobility
Whitworth University Notable Alumni
- Lauren Bushnell (2013), Bachelor Season 20 contestant
- Michael Allan (2007), professional football player
- Richard Carr, Chief of Chaplains of the U.S. Air Force
- Richard Cizik (1973), vice president for governmental affairs for the National Association of Evangelicals, was named one of Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People of 2008
- Brian Fennell, musician who co-founded indie band Barcelona and performs under the name “SYML”
|Courses||Duration||1st Year Tuition Fees|
|BSc(1 Course)||4 Years||INR 29.2L|
|MBA(2 Courses)||12 – 24 Months||INR 13.1L – 20.9L|
|BBA(1 Course)||4 Years||INR 29.2L|
|BE/Btech(2 Courses)||4 – 5 Years||INR 29.2L|
|Other Courses(1 Course)||4 Years||INR 27.1L|
Whitworth University acceptance rate
The University has an acceptance rate of 91.4%