Microsoft Outlook is a popular and widely used email client used by offices and organizations to communicate. Most of the users configure MS Outlook with Exchange server and saves the data in OST or Offline Storage Table file format. Users can work on offline OST files and the changes made will get updated once the internet connectivity is re-established. OST files might become inaccessible in some situations. In this scenario, users need to convert OST to PST file format. Outlook supports PST or Personal Storage Table file format to save the mailbox data. In this blog, we will describe the manual as well as the professional best OST to PST Converter solution.
Before proceeding further to the process to import OST to Outlook, let’s first understand why there is a need for users to export Exchange OST to PST.
Reasons to Convert OST to PST Format
There are some common reasons we have discussed below for which users need to import OST file into Outlook. Go through the respective points.
- Exchange server maintenance.
- Exchange Server gets failed or crashes.
- OST Data Migration.
- To backup some exchange mailboxes.
- If the Exchange server account deleted accidentally.
Now we will move ahead to different methods to convert OST file to PST. Firstly, we will discuss the conventional manual approach for OST to PST Conversion.
How to Convert OST to PST Manually?
There are manual strategies available to import OST to Outlook PST format. Follow the below provided steps without skipping any. Also, it is suggested initially to create a copy of the original data as there might be some risk of data loss.
Method 1: Import/ Export Feature
- Sign in to Microsoft Outlook
- Click on the File tab.
- Select the Import/Export option.
- Click on Export to a file.
- Press the Next button.
- Now Select the Personal File folder (.pst).
- Click on the Parent root.
- Check on the include subfolders
- Navigate the location to save the resultant file.
- Click on the finish button.
Method 2: Outlook Archive Option
- Launch Microsoft Outlook.
- Go to the File section
- Click on Options
- Now, click on the Advanced section
- Click on Auto Archive settings…
- Browse to define the path to save archived files.
- Click on the OK button.
- Tedious and more time-consuming process.
- Unable to convert the corrupt OST data.
- Technical expertise is required.
- Huge risk of data loss.
Professional Method to Convert OST to PST
Professional methods are designed to overcome all the risks and limitations as we have seen with the conventional manual techniques. The automated solution tends to provide the best and accurate Exchange OST to PST migration. Users can opt for the advanced DRS OST to PST Converter Tool. The utility is able to export single or multiple OST files to PST, EML, MBOX, MSG, HTML, PDF, TXT, CSV, Gmail, Yahoo, Live Exchange, Yandex mail, Office 365, etc. Even users can export all the mailbox items including emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, etc. It also supports the conversion of encrypted OST files. The free OST to PST Converter software can save 50 emails for free.
- Convert Outlook OST to PST, MBOX, EML, CSV, HTML, Gmail, Yandex mail, AOL, IMAP, Thunderbird, etc.
- Supports conversion of encrypted OST file.
- Recovers Outlook items like calendars, contacts, emails, etc.
- Supports and converts encrypted OST files.
- No file size restrictions
- Provides preview option prior to saving
- No risk of data loss
- No technical expertise required.
- The free OST to PST Converter version converts the first 50 emails for Free.
Above in this blog, we have discussed different methods to convert OST to PST file format. We can conclude that conventional manual approaches have several limitations and risks. So it is highly suggested to opt for advanced and best OST to PST Converter software for a hassle-free migration process.