Bhuga Chawal is a Sindhi delicacy which is a mouth-licking dish made with soaking rice in water for a minimum of one to two hours. It is one of the easiest recipes with rice. The flavors of this recipe can captivate people highly. This recipe gets its flavor, aroma, and color from caramelized onions and Garam masala powder. One tip that works wonders for this recipe is to cook the onions until they turn dark brown. Viewers are encouraged to try this authentic Sindhi Bhuga Chawal Recipe which doesn’t take time to make and also tastes incredibly delectable.
Bhuga Chawal Recipe Guide
1½ cups washed and soaked rice
8-10 black peppercorns
1 inch cinnamon stick
4 green cardamoms
2 tbsps ghee
2-3 slit green chillies
1 bay leaf
1tsp garam masala powder
2 sliced medium onions
1tsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
Fresh coriander sprigs for garnish
- Take a deep non-stick pan and heat it. When the pan heats up, add ghee.
- Then add bay leaf, black peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves, and green cardamoms.Then add green chilies and onions and sauté all together.
- Cover the pan and cook the mixture on low-medium flame till the onions turn golden brown.
- Then add salt, red chili powder, and garam masala powder and saute well.
- Then add washed rice with 3 cups of water.
- Cover the lid and cook the rice on medium heat till it's cooked.
- Uncover the pan, the delicious bhuga chawal recipe is ready!
- Garnish this hot bhuga chawal with coriander sprigs and serve with boondi raita.
Cook the entire Bhuga Chawal recipe in low to medium flame.
Serve the recipe with Boondi raita, it will taste good.
Do not skip the hot spices as it helps in enriching the taste.